Integrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Data Sync
Data Sync is designed to get you integrating Dynamics CRM (aka. CE) with other systems within the first 30 minutes of use.
- Download and install Data Sync.
- Read the Getting Started guide to Data Sync, to become familiar with the system.
- Access to a SQL server or a file system to create csv files.
- Access to a Dynamics CRM Online or On-Premise instance with sufficient permissions to create and update records.
- Sample contact records, which you can download from BrianDunning.
- Optional: A copy of Microsoft Excel, this will make the importing an exporting of excel documents much easier.
To get the most out of these tutorials you will want to be familiar with Dynamics CRM and some of the concepts such as parent records, accounts, contacts, and a basic understanding of relationships. In addition, an understanding of excel will make some of the string, number, date and formula tutorials more accessible. If you do not already know how to connect to Dynamics CRM within Data Sync, please visit the Dynamics CRM page.
Data Sync can be installed on Windows 7, 8 and 10 and is less than 40 MB's to download. 8 GB RAM and a 4 core CPU is recommended. For best performance use a SSD storage disk.
If you are facing an issue that is not covered within this documentation site please send an email to our helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will respond to your query.
Below you will find a list of tutorials to work through which will guide you through how to connect to Dynamics CRM using a simple CSV file, though to setting up lookups.
Connecting to a CSV Data Source
Synchronising data to Dynamics CRM
Looking Up Values in other entities
Performance/Time settings for the Dynamics CRM provider
Importing from SQL Server
Update SQL after CRM Import
You may find it useful to work through the Calculated Columns pages and Scheduling a synchronisation using windows scheduler to learn how to schedule a synchronisation.